Monday 3 February 2014

'That Birthday'

As I write this I am now 60 years and 4 days - yes 'that day' came and was very enjoyable. I did have an early start as I needed to be at work for 8am and several last minute jobs in preparation for the evening had to be done before I left. However I finished at lunch time when D and two of our very good friends came to pick me up to go out for lunch at  The Garden Room Resturant in Braithwell. Goats cheese, cranberry and rocket on ciabatta with a very nice bottle of Sauvignon Blanc (to share of course!) - Heaven. Finally arriving back at home I had just 20 minutes before leaving to take a box full of cakes for my friends at Wickersley Knitting Group (find us on facebook). Middle child B then picked me up from there and we went down to meet others at The Hind near Whiston and was delighted to find yougest child J who had driven up from Loughborough Uni to be with us.


An hour or so later there were 20+ of us. I felt very lucky to have such a lovely group of friends who had travelled from all over to be with me. I wasn't able on this occassion to feed them all but 12 of us sat down to a very good chilli.

 
 For pudding, birthday cake made by middle child B, recipe from the Hummingbird Cookery Book


It all added up to a lovely, lovely day


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my post. I look forward to reading your comments and will do my best to reply to you all. Anne