Sunday 28 December 2014

'Do you want to build a snowman?'

Well how appropriate! I was enjoying a quiet late afternoon as David and Jonathan had gone up to Elland Road to watch Leeds play, catching up on some TV that I hadn't seen on Christmas day and noticed a documentary about 'Frozen' which I thought would be interesting. Having no contact with young ladies on a regular basis since I left teaching I really have no idea what the film is about. I didn't even know there were two sisters till I had watched this program ( note to self - get hold of DVD and watch film). However I digress, when I started watching the program it was raining, lots of it, as I walked into the kitchen at the end of the program I was aware that it seemed rather light and discovered that the rain had turned to snow, lots and lots of it. (Luckily David and Jonathan had arrived back having driven through the rain). We were due to go out for the evening, up to Wickersley where I work. When I say up I mean up as it lies higher than we do, so if it snows with us it will be worse there. By the time we were due to go it wasn't looking good, as we very carefully drove to the main road and looked at it totally covered in snow the decision was made to return home whilst we could, definitely the right one as you'll see from the pictures.







I do love that silent late at night when snow has fallen and no-one is around, it's all so still and calm.

By the morning a lot of the snow had fallen from the trees and this was our sunrise



We hadn't realised the extent of the snow till we were listening to the local news later yesterday. We had a slight flurry last night which looks as though it has turned to ice on the cars. I have to say that looking through the window now at 8-30am it looks very cold out there. 



2 comments:

  1. I love the look of snow before it's been messed up by cars and so on, so pretty. And bizarrely, I have a friend who moved from down here ( south of England), to Wickersley, a place I'd never heard of before, nor since!
    Hope you had a great Christmas, and a very happy 2015:)
    Jillxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really nice place Wickersley, dont suppose your friend is in the WI, if so I will know her. Best wishes for 2015, L Anne

      Delete

Thank you for reading my post. I look forward to reading your comments and will do my best to reply to you all. Anne