Sunday 10 January 2016

Back to normal

Finally I feel we are back to normal - I guess you probably feel the same. We have had a lovely Christmas down in Cornwall with a lovely lunch in The Basement, Padstow.


Followed by a walk on Harlyn beach, not forgetting to send a message to the member of the family who was not with us

Christmas morning and a baby under the tree


A visit to the Cornish Arms before lunch


More walks this time on cliff tops on Boxing day 


Ending up at Treyarnon Youth Hostel for a hot drink.
The following day another windy walk from Treyarnon to Constantine Bay and back




Home and work for 2 days and off in the caravan to Cambridge for New Year.

Having never been to Cambridge I was looking forward to visiting it and wasn't disappointed







Cobbled streets and beautiful buildings - we never got to the colleges or the river, running out of time.

New Years Day saw us in Thetford - the village made famous by the filming of 'Dad's Army'. As David is a Dad's army fan he was keen to find the bronze statue of Captain Mainwaring, which I have to say took some finding, but find it we did.


A solitary figure on the riverside.

From Thetford we went over to Ely, which was lovely despite the cold dull day.









A walk down to the canal took us through Jubilee Gardens




and then along the canal side




I have to say that although I enjoyed the walk I was glad to get back to the warmer car!

And now after a week at home the caravan is back in storage, the washing is done, food is in the fridge, I've finally finished Nina's cardigan,


 and things are back to normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my post. I look forward to reading your comments and will do my best to reply to you all. Anne